To be able to understand the importance of working safely.
- Aims to give everyone at work a grounding in the essentials of safety and health.
- Gain understanding of why they must “work safely” and does in an enjoyable way.
COURSE CONTENTThe course comprises of five core modules delivered 1 day.
- Introducing work safely
- Defining hazard and risk - Risk assessment; Controlling risk; Hazard spotting
- Identifying common hazards - Access and egress, Asbestos, Bullying, Confined spaces, Display screen equipment (DSE), Electricity, falls from height, Fire, Hazardous substances, Housekeeping, Human factors, Lighting, Manual handling, Noise, Slips and trips, Stress, Temperature, Vehicles and workplace transport, Vibration, Violence and abuse, Welfare, Work equipment.
- Improving safety performance - Your responsibilities, Your organization's responsibilities
- Protecting our environments
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?The course is designed for the staff;
Anyone – and everyone – in a working role who wants to learn the basics of safety and health.
- who are exposed to common workplace hazards
- who need a basic health and safety awareness course.
Delegates each receive a comprehensive training manual and the support of a highly qualified and experienced trainer throughout the course.
LEARNING OPTIONS1 Day Training (6 Hours included exam)
- Full Time Training
- Examination / Knowledge Assessment
ASSESSMENT & CERTIFICATION
This course is assessed by:
- A short written/objective multiple-choice paper.
- A workplace based written assignment / Multiple-choice hazards spotting exercise
Maximum 20 delegates
- NRC / passport scan copy
- 2 passport size photos
VALIDATION OF CERTIFCATE
No Validity with ISOH approved certificate
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Course materials
- PPE provided (if required)
- Writing pad & pen
- Training fees
- Exam fees
- Certificate fees
- Course Book