English / Myanmar
Medical Fitness Certificate
Download as PDF
Aims and Objectives: Candidates will be able to:
- Identify condition of Mooring equipment and lines/ropes.
- Describe the characteristics of different types of mooring rope material
- Describe different characteristics of the materials when used as mooring lines.
- Describe snap back hazards
- Describe how to keep hands fingers and legs free from injury
- Perform safe mooring operations with correct communications using radio and hand signals.
- Identification of Mooring Equipment: Winches, Controls, Bollards, Bitts, lines, ropes.
- Practical Inspection & condition assessment of Mooring Equipment
- Hazard awareness & Risk Assessment of typical line handling and mooring rope operations
- Body position, and hand finger safety
- Practical Techniques of typical mooring operations safely: payout, wind in, monkey-fist throwing catching, lashing and securing.
- Communications: Radio and hand signals.