Intermediate English Language level.
Download as PDF
Aims and ObjectivesThe aim of the course is to provide knowledge and information for the cook in his capacity as responsible for health and safety in Galley. It combines theory with practical activities in real kitchen. Candidates will be able to:
- Create a safe and healthy working and living environment for all those on board their vessel.
- Know how to comply with local rules and regulation for every port.
- Describe working life onboard;
- Use necessary tools / equipment for improvement;
- Describe and explain ways to protect the healthy environment onboard;
- Demonstrate proper methods of cleaning the galley
- Describe food and personnel hygiene as well as handling and storage of food as per Maritime Labour Convention, 2006.
- House Keeping
- Compliance with local rules and regulations Safety And Advice
- Assessment of knowledge