Mechanical / Electrical Engineers
Download as PDF
This course allows hands on work with a ‘Carrier’ Reefer container. Several other types are discussed in detail during the course.
- Describe the hazards associated with the operation and maintenance of Container Refrigeration Units
- Describe the purpose and function of all main refrigeration Unit components and control systems
- Describe typical faults and problems affecting the efficient operation of Refrigeration Units
- Diagnose typical operational and mechanical faults from analysis of parameters, flows, pressures levels and outputs
- Describe methods of preventing these faults and problems before they occur
- Describe frequency and types of planned maintenance to reduce unplanned breakdowns and increase operational efficiency
- Undertake faultfinding and typical ‘repairs’ (leak tests, gas filling).