OOW Class III Students, who may get CoC soon.
Download as PDF
This course aims to meet the mandatory minimum requirements for knowledge, understanding and proficiency in Table A-II/2 of STCW 1995. Candidates will be able to:
- Describe the basic theory and operation of a marine radar system.
- Set up and operate radar in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions.
- Perform manual radar plotting.
- Use radar to ensure safe navigation.
- Describe an ARPA system.
- Maintain safe navigation through the use of radar and ARPA to assist command
- decision making.
- Describe the basic theory and operation of radar
- Set up operate radar in accordance with manufacturer’s
- Follow instructions to perform manual radar plotting
- Use of radar for navigation
- Use radar to avoid collisions
- Recommendation on performance standards for automatic radar
- Plotting aids (ARPAS)
- Automatic radar plotting aids (ARPA)