All Officers & Engineers, Medical Fitness
Download as PDF
This course aims to provide the training for candidates to launch and take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat in emergency situations, in accordance with Section A-VII/2 of the STCW Code. This course covers the requirements of the 1978 STCW Convention, as amended, Chapter VI, Section AVI/2, and Table A-VI/2-1. On meeting the minimum standard of competence in survival craft and rescue boats other than fast rescue boats, a trainee will be competent to:
- Operate life-saving appliances
- Take charge of a survival craft or rescue boat during or after launch.
- Operate a survival craft engine and manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship.
- Explain the correct use of all locating devices, including communication and signaling apparatus and pyrotechnics,
- Apply first aid to survivors
- Describe and perform actions to preserve the lives of those in their charge.
- Manage survivors and survival craft after abandoning ship Demonstrating of locating devices, including communication and signaling apparatus and Pyrotechnics
- Operation of survival craft engine
- Demonstration of on-load / off-load release device
- Take charge of a survival craft
- Launching and recovery of lifeboat/rescue boat
- Take charge of launching in rough sea
- Demonstrating Survival techniques
- (Donning of lifejackets)
- (Donning immersion suit)
- (Donning TPA)
- Take charge of a survival craft (including Right an inverted liferaft while wearing lifejacket)
- Survival techniques(exercise)
- Swimming with life jacket,- swimming as a group- survival circle