This further survival training aims to cover everything a coxswain of a twin fall lifeboat needs to know – from compass use to craft evacuation. This four-day Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Twin fall course is open to all individuals who hold an appropriate and in-date offshore survival training certificate. Offshore Lifeboat Coxswain Twin fall certification must be revalidated every two years.
Course StructureThe Delegates will use theory, demonstration, practice and assessments to gain a basic level of understanding and awareness of the areas outlined above. During the training, Delegates will be required to demonstrate their level of knowledge and understanding of the training program content. Formal assessment will be used to ascertain the Delegate’s competence.
- Coxswains’ roles and responsibilities
- Craft handling, recovery of persons from water, use of controls, steering craft, launch and recovery
- Moving TEMPSC to a safe area
- Preparing craft for evacuation
- Towing and pacing
- Use of compass
- Use of radio, pyrotechnics and emergency equipment