To be able to understand the responsibilities as a Manager.
The overall aim of this course is for candidates to acquire knowledge and practical skills to manage competently, the health & safety issues at their workplace and to international accredited levels.
At the end of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Apply basic management principles and practices to health & safety issues as part of a total business strategy
- Set practical health and safety objectives, plan and implement courses of action to achieve those objectives
- Recognize safety and health hazards present in the workplace
- Ensure adequate information, training and supervision is provided
- Investigate incidents and take remedial action
- Understand and implement their legal responsibilities
The course comprises of seven core modules delivered over 3 days.
- Principles of accident prevention
- The costs of accidents
- Common and statute law (UK Based)
- Health and safety management systems
- Safety management models and risk management
- Workplace hazards, such as fire, electricity, COSHH, noise and work equipment
- Accident causation and investigation
- Effective communications
- Audit and review
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
The course is designed for anyone;
MANAGER / SUPERVISOR/ TEAMLEADER
- Who has responsibility for “managing” in occupational health & safety
- Who wants to achieve worldwide recognized certificate in health & safety
ASSESSMENT & CERTIFICATION
This course is assessed by:
- A short written/objective multiple-choice paper.
Delegates who attend and successfully complete both the practical and written assessments
- A workplace based written assignment in English.
Practical assessment: workplace-based assignment (within 2 weeks)Certificate will issue: minimum 70% pass grade
Note: If the assessments are not completed, the re-assessment will be done within 20 days.