Aims and Objectives The purpose of the course is to increase the knowledge and practical skills of shipboard personnel, necessary for inspection and maintenance of life saving appliances and firefighting appliances. At the successful completion of the course, every participant will be able to:
- Describe IMO regulations relevant to the testing and maintenance of life saving appliances
- Describe additional, specific Flag State and classification requirements.
- Explain fully the purpose of the inspection and maintenance of LSA & FFE and how to carry it out on board.
- To describe the applicable provisions which are to be implemented in the operational maintenance routines on board.
- Operational Readiness
- Testing and Frequency of Inspections and maintenance
- Types of Tests,
- Personal PPE
- Line Throwing apparatus / EPIRB/ SARts
- Lifeboat Equipment
- Lifeboat Davits
- Inflatable Liferafts
- Hydrostatic Release Unit
- Firefighting Appliances
- Breathing Apparatus
- Fire Hoses and Accessories
- Fire Alarm Testing
- Ventilator with Fire Damper
- Sprinkler System
- Fire Systems: Testing and Inspection Regime
- Use and recharge of Portable Fire extinguishers
- Use and maintenance of Fixed Fire Fighting Systems